We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling for a month

Grimshaw, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Travelling for a month

My husband and I are going to be travelling Ireland and Scotland for one month in the year 2016. We would like any information and advice for this trip. We are open to most things. But would like to experience some authentic places and things to do while there. Thanks Cynthia

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,993 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling for a month

My advice is to read through this forum and narrow down some questions. It's a bit vague at the moment.

When you come back be sure to include your dates, and whether you're going to hire a car. Also an idea of budget - no point in us suggesting campsites if you want to stay at 5* hotels

If you only buy one guide book make it 'Scotland the Best' by Peter Irvine. It's the one that many locals use when holidaying in Scotland

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling for a month

As above your question is the equivalent of "how long is a piece of string"

I have no idea what you mean by "authentic"

You must be coming to Scotland for a reason. What is it? Why choose Scotland?

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,734 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling for a month

That's only two weeks in each country so not as long as it first sounds, but get some good guide books and start researching what YOU would like to see. In two weeks you could get right round the whole island of Ireland, both North and the Republic. Have a look at the Ireland forum, there are loads of itinearies on there.

4. Re: Travelling for a month

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 06:16