We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains from Glasgow Queen Street

North Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
615 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Trains from Glasgow Queen Street

For your information...

I've just caught my usual train from Glasgow Queen Street. All the automated barriers are closed and you must enter via a manned gate, of which there are two.

Anyone going to Edinburgh is being denied access and are being directed to North Hanover Street, where they have to join a queue for the train.

I'm not sure of this is only during rush hour or all day.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,844 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains from Glasgow Queen Street

Celtic are playing at Murrayfield tonight in the Champions League, their normal ground being otherwise occupied

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,290 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains from Glasgow Queen Street

coinciding with a major signalling problem on lines out of Glasgow Central (including Glasgow Central - Edinburgh via Shotts) and a shortage of buses for rail replacement (presumably a lot of buses are being used by C'wealth Games shuttles and charters)

North Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
615 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains from Glasgow Queen Street

Ahhh that explains things then. Thanks for the information!

To be honest, I thought that it was simply to do with the Commonwealth Games and was dreading the commute over the next couple of weeks. ( Even more than normal :-) )

4. Re: Trains from Glasgow Queen Street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 06:16