We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which SIM card has the best rate for calls to the U.S.?

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which SIM card has the best rate for calls to the U.S.?

I have an IPhone5. Along with my Brit Rail Pass I received a brochure for a Sim Card from britrail.ekit.com that offers .08 cents/minute to the U.S. I'm solo traveling for 2 months so I enjoy calling friends while away. I know Skype is probably the best option, but I plan on getting a SIM card as well. Leaving next Thursday. BTW, not asking about the locked/unlocked controversy. Help!

Edited: 28 August 2014, 01:01
Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,730 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which SIM card has the best rate for calls to the U.S.?

There are any number of price comparison sites that will help you.

Try moneysavingexpert, which, tesco, etc etc.

Or simply Google your post title.

The market is so volatile, mere mortals can't keep track.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,070 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which SIM card has the best rate for calls to the U.S.?

So you are being offered a rate that allows you a 10 min call home for less than a Dime!

Can't see what your dilemma is?

The best I can see advertised here is a Penny per minute to the US!

Just take the deal and save yourself the hassle of finding an alternative!

Virginia
Level Contributor
915 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which SIM card has the best rate for calls to the U.S.?

I'm guessing you mean 8 cents per minute, not 8/100 of a cent. That's about the best I remember seeing. If you don't mind waiting, you can stop into any number of stores for a SIM once you arrive. I used Carphone Warehouse, they will be able to recommend a SIM that suits your purpose, whether its for calls back to the states, calls within the UK, data, whatever you want. Most of the SIM cards are basically free, you just pay for the minutes initially credited on the SIM. For that reason, the Brit Rail packages don't seem so good, as you're paying $20 for about $10 worth of minutes.

4. Re: Which SIM card has the best rate for calls to the U.S.?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 06:15