We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November Trip

new orleans
Level Contributor
149 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
November Trip

With the help of many of you I think that I may have the trip planned. How does this sound with the time line? Points to remember- We hired a car, I have drive 3x in the UK but still uneasy at times.

Day 1- leave USA

Day 2 Arrive Edinburgh and stay 3 nights in B&B (Not in city center around A8)

Day 5-7 Visit Sterling, Trossachs, Loch area, and last night there in Culcreuch Castle Hotel (Fintry)

Day 8 Drive from Sterling to Fort William (see sights)

Day9 Drive from Fort William to Inverness and stay in Inverness for 2 nites

Day11 Drive from Inverness to Aberdeen and stay 2 nights

Day 13 Drive from Aberdeen to Edinburgh area airport

Day 14 Return Home

We will venture out in day trips at those citys that we are stay put in for a few days.

My question is--- Do ya'll think we can drive those routes in a day and are we pushing it? I am planning it myself. Thanks....

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November Trip

Hi garda44

In answer to your questions - yes and no respectively. Your route sounds very feasible - even in November when the days are shorter. No very long days, and plenty time to see the sights. Also although you are moving around a lot, you are at least staying 2 nights in several places, so you won't be permanently unpacking & packing. I think it looks good.

To some extent how long you stay in each place really depends on your interests - if you let us know of what appeals to you, I'm sure people would be happy to make suggestions - but it looks a good trip to me!

2. Re: November Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 15:20