We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels close to King Street

Liverpool
Level Contributor
644 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels close to King Street

Can anyone make hotel suggestions within walking distance of King Street. Also, is King Street in the city centre?

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels close to King Street

What sort of place are you looking for? There are a few b and bs on King Street. King Street leads on to Union Street which is the main street for shopping and there are a few hotels round there. I believe there are also 2 travelodges close by.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels close to King Street

There is a Premier Inn on West North Street which is just off King Street. There is also a Travelodge on the main street (Union Street) which leads on to King Street, so yes, it very central, within walking distance of all the shops, bars, restaurants, etc. At the top end of Union Street there is also a Holiday Inn Express and in between there are numerous B&Bs on Crown Street and the areas round about.

Hope this helps you.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels close to King Street

One thing to bear in mind is that King Street is about 2 miles long from the Castlegate (Union Street)to the Bridge of Don. If you could be more specific as to where on King Street you need to go it might be easier to recommend a hotel to suit your needs. As has been said King St leads into the city centre so chances are it will all be within easy walking distance.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
644 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels close to King Street

Thanks for the replies so far. I haven't been to Aberdeen before so have no idea of distances etc.

The event we are attending is to be held at Health Board Club on King Street.

The Holiday Inn Express in the City Centre and Aberdeen Douglas Hotel both get good reviews on TA. Are either of these walkable and can anyone particularly recommend one over the other?

aberdeen scotland
Level Contributor
127 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels close to King Street

Health Board Social Club is about mid King Street - A good mile from those hotels but there are many buses that go along Union Street and down King Street. Closest hotel and walkable is Premier inn just off King Street - think it is City Centre -West North Street. No idea what it is like though. Don't expect much of the social club though as it's pretty basic.

Anne

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels close to King Street

The Premier Travel Inn would be closest, pretty easy walk. Have stayed there - standard travelodge standard, no problem at all.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
418 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels close to King Street

Another suggestion although I do not know what price it would be would be the Patio Hotel which is down near the beach front. It would be approximately 10 minutes walk away from where you are headed.

I have eaten there and the food was excellent

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels close to King Street

Shaz - that's a good idea too, the Patio, never thought of that. It's been renamed though, can't remember new name.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels close to King Street

New name for the Patio is the Doubletree by Hilton

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels close to King Street

The Holiday Inn Express is at the top end of Union Street. Not sure how far down to King Street it is but I didn't find Union Street that long. However I am sure you could get a 2 minute cab ride if necessary. The Holiday Inn Express was basic but I would recommend it for a cheap, clean and convenient place to stay.