We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suitable accom for oldies :)

Lennox Head...
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Topic
suitable accom for oldies :)

hi

My Dad and my aunt are heading to Aberdeen in late April/early May 2012 and are needing suitable accom for 2 nights...

can anyone suggest a motel/hotel for them? They need their own bathroom please..

Thanks so much

Louise

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
502 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suitable accom for oldies :)

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g186487-Aberdeen_Ab…

Centre of Aberdeen?

A room each?

Parking required?

Budget?

Crathie
Level Contributor
854 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: suitable accom for oldies :)

Do they have a specific reason for wanting/needing to stay in Aberdeen? If not I suggest they look outside the city. Aberdeen is the oil capital of Europe and as a result accommodation can often be difficult and /or expensive to get during the week, but so bad at weekends. If they are touring on holiday, they might be better looking at areas such as Grantown on Spey, or Royal Deeside.

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suitable accom for oldies :)

What are they planning to do while there?

And are you saying Aberdeen generically? Aberdeenshire?

If visiting Aberdeenshire and tourist spots like the many castles, we just finished our trip and stayed in Ballater (appx 40m west of Aberdeen). I can't recommend the Gorden Guest House more highly! Absolutely the best value for the money at around 75GBP.

Banchory is another option, as maybe Alford - seems we drove back and forth through there 3 or 4 times.

No lack of B&Bs all around!

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suitable accom for oldies :)

Not knowing your budget it is hard to be sure, but I'd recommend the Ferryhill House Hotel - www.ferryhillhousehotel.co.uk/ it is a really nice family run place, with good food and also reasonably central.

5. Re: suitable accom for oldies :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 08:19