We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

b&b Aberdeen, near Rail

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
b&b Aberdeen, near Rail

I intend to travel up from London by train, and as I have limited mobility, I would like to find a b&b near a rail station, so I can take trips each day to visit different areas. No definite plans yet; open to ideas. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,004 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: b&b Aberdeen, near Rail

There are no B.&.B's near the train station for someone with limited mobility as it's in the heart of town with all the shops near it. There are B.&.B's but you would need to get a taxi to reach them.

Also Aberdeen is the Oil Capital of Europe so accommodation is best booked a long time ahead to get the keenest prices. As places fill up really quickly. I would recommend Jurys Inn

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186487-d1489…

This is right next door to the station and in the Union Square Shopping complex where you have lifts to all floors and also a cinema and a lot of restaurants above the shops. Think it would be ideal for you.

Mentioned in this post
Aberdeen
Aberdeen
Aberdeenshire, UK
Europe
Europe
World
Union Square
Union Square
170 Reviews
Aberdeen, UK
Crathie
Level Contributor
958 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: b&b Aberdeen, near Rail

Does your limited mobility allow you to board a bus? I see from your previous posts on TA that at one time you were using a mobility scooter, but I don't know if this is still the case. If you can board a bus, you might like to consider using Stagecoach buses to see more of Aberdeenshire as a supplement to using trains.

The Aberdeen railway station and bus station are in the same complex and this link should help you further where routes and timetables are concerned

www.stagecoachbus.com/localdefault.aspx…

There is also a dedicated helpdesk for those with mobility problems

www.stagecoachbus.com/customersercontact.aspx

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Aberdeenshire
Aberdeenshire
Scotland, UK
Aberdeen
Aberdeen
Aberdeenshire, UK
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: b&b Aberdeen, near Rail

Thanks so much. my mobilty scooter folds up quickly so buses are no problem to me.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: b&b Aberdeen, near Rail

Thanks, that sounds great

5. Re: b&b Aberdeen, near Rail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 05:15