We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostel , Cheap accomodation?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hostel , Cheap accomodation?

Hi All

I'm looking for accommodation for roughly 2 weeks in Aberdeen, I'm coming from South Africa, so the exchange is not in my favor, hence I'm looking for affordable accommodation.

Anyone got a idea or 2 ?

Cheers

Jason

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostel , Cheap accomodation?

Unfortunately due to the oil industry demand in Aberdeen, it is one of the most expensive places to get accommodation in Scotland. Check out hostelworld and lastminute.com for your dates, or try B&B listings in Tripadvisor.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,741 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostel , Cheap accomodation?

If you look in Aberdeenshire and not in the Aberdeen you will find cheaper accommodation, but as said Aberdeen is the Oil Capital of Europe and there is always a shortage of accommodation and staying in Aberdeen itself is never cheap.

Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hostel , Cheap accomodation?

There is a youth hostel on queens road might be worth trying.

syha.org.uk/hostels-in-scotland/highlands/ab…

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hostel , Cheap accomodation?

You can be lucky and get fairly reasonably priced rooms at Premier Inn, Travel Lodge, Holiday Inn Express, Jury's Inn and Sopranos. Try a booking website like www.booking.com.

Sometimes you get some pretty reasonable offers, still adds up for two weeks though.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,741 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hostel , Cheap accomodation?

Also depends when you are visiting. When the Oil Conferences are on, and there is one at the beginning of September, even the accommodation in Aberdeenshire is all taken up.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hostel , Cheap accomodation?

Hi All

Thank you for the advice, I'm sure I will come right somewhere.

I have come across Craibstone estate seems like it is decent! I will investigate further.

Cheers!

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hostel , Cheap accomodation?

Good luck with Craibstone. Just ask if you need more help, but we'd be able to give more useful advice, if you provided a few more details -'when are you visiting, where do you need to be able to get to, what do you need to be close to, will you have a car, etc?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hostel , Cheap accomodation?

Im coming over to aberdeen to complete a offshore survival course at Survivex(close to airport)

Ill need accommodation from 8th Sep to 20th. I will not have a car so I would be using public transport.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,741 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hostel , Cheap accomodation?

I think you must be doing other courses too, as the Offshore Survival Courses are 4 days long. (My husband is a Manager in the Oil Industry).

Craibstone is a good location as it's not far from Dyce. However, there would not be a lot to do in the evenings as it's a good way from Aberdeen town centre.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hostel , Cheap accomodation?

You are 100% Correct, its 3 days, plus I will do Mist, I will be staying longer because I will be looking for work!!

Yes that's what I thought, bit far out of the way....