We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glamis Castle

Atlanta
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Glamis Castle

How accessible are the castle and grounds for the disabled? I am considering a trip to Glamis from St Andrews with a person who uses a wheelchair.

Scotland
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Glamis Castle

It has been a few years since I toured Glamis Castle and have no recollection about access for the disabled.

However you may find the information which you seek on the castle website :-

http://www.glamis-castle.co.uk/

There is an e-mail adress on the home page and you could conact the castle directly with your enquiry.

Hope this helps.

alyth, scotland
Level Contributor
656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glamis Castle

Museum/exhibits on the groundfloor, restaurant & shop are wheelchair access, so are parts of the grounds

some areas are accessible, but the guided tour which IMO is the best part, is over several floors and there is no elevator - just stairs.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Glamis Castle

Thank you both! If the weather is good that day, we still might go up and enjoy the gardens.

alyth, scotland
Level Contributor
656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glamis Castle

if the weather is good and you want to explore some of perthshire try

www.perthshire.co.uk/index.asp?lm=313

for info on walks that are wheelchair friendly/accessible and in some cases very spectacular

Atlanta
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Glamis Castle

Tom, what a fantastic website! PERFECT. Thank you ever so much! I will certainly be exploring it when I have a bit more time.

6. Re: Glamis Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 11:25
Get answers to your questions about Angus