We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eden Deli

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Eden Deli

You will see the boards advertising this establishment around Inveraray, take my advice & give it a miss. My wife went in for a couple of sandwiches thus afternoon. The woman behind the counter gave the impression she couldn't be bothered. 2 sandwiches on mass produced white bread with margarine later, mine was supposed to be Scottish Chedder but a smattering of grated cheese & some salad later. Went across the road & saw Brambles a nice piece of apple & blackberry pie saved the day

Mentioned in this post
Inveraray
Inveraray
Argyll and Bute, UK
Co. Kildare
Level Contributor
711 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eden Deli

Anything you have enjoyed/would recommend between Manchester and Inveraray? Route, accommodation, places of interest on the way? I’m always looking for tips on travelling around Scotland.

You’ve struck sooo lucky with the weather you must be having a fabulous time.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Inveraray
Inveraray
Argyll and Bute, UK
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Eden Deli

contrary to your experience I have used The Eden Deli on several occasions,the staff have been polite friendly and very helpful,and the sandwiches we bought were fresh and well filled with everything we asked for,will definitely continue to use this establishment

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,005 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eden Deli

Well good for you for finding TA, negotiating to the forums and joining today just to defend this deli !!

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eden Deli

I too do not agree with your review. Myself and my brother visited eden deli on route from blackpool to islay. We both had the roast lamb pies and black pudding and apple rolls. I have to say both were very good and the lamb pie was exceptional!!!

I hope to revisit soon.

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eden Deli

if we are speaking of the EDEN DELI in Main street East in Inveraray, my experience was on the contrary just DELICIOUS.. delicious pies and a very gentle person giving us advices on what to see on the region and what to do.

We entered there because we had noticed lots of local people having takeaway pies from the Eden Deli... and we suddently tasted it was a good choice!!! ad we retourned the days afters..

Everybody shoud defenetely give it a try if your looking for takeaway food (picnicing just 100meters away).

Mentioned in this post
Inveraray
Inveraray
Argyll and Bute, UK
Maryland
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eden Deli

Hi Ron , yes! how DO all these first poster decide to join Ttripadvisor just to come to the rescue of a wee deli ?? LOL Really ??

I do agree however Brambles across the street for outstanding sweets is a fabulous choice, better to lunch there as well.

Cheers,

Sunny

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eden Deli

I like The George for good food and a pleasant atmosphere but that is a proper restaurant type place rather than grabbing a "hand held".

Mentioned in this post
The George Hotel
The George Hotel
1,389 Reviews
Inveraray, UK
8. Re: Eden Deli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2018, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about Inveraray
Recent Conversations