We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in Oban?

westborough, ma
1 post
Save Topic
Dining in Oban?

My husband, myself and 3 adventuresome kids (16, 14 and 12) will be in Oban next week...any ideas on good places to eat? They are not McDonald's caliber eaters, like sushi and will try new things, but nothing too odd or heavy.

thanks!

paisley
Level Contributor
364 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining in Oban?

hi kdjmom you should try the pizza restaurant and the fish restaurant on the pier beside the columba hotel.if i remember correctly the fish restaurant is called esk.i have been to both and the food was outstanding.i think there both owned by the same person.if the kids like mussels,scalaps things like that,on the other pier where the ferry leaves there a fish van and a stall that serves these which is nice for a quick snack.also on this pier theres the waterfront fish restaurant which is supposed to be good aswell.the girlfriend and myself will again be in oban near the end of this month and were going to try the waterfront.i think oban is a great wee town with good pubs,food and shops for the good lady.i hope you have a great time

PS where you staying weve booked the oban bay and its the first time we will have stayed there

Newcastle
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining in Oban?

The restaurant on the North Pier is called EE - USK.

These are twin restaurants which are nicely appointed with excellent views across the bay. One is for pizza and pasta and the other is a fish restaurant. We have tried both and we couldn't fault them. The pasta restaurant is very reasonable. The fish restaurant is a bit more expensive but well worth it.

They are efficiently run with plenty of helpful and friendly staff.

For bar meals you could try Coasters which also has good views overlooking the bay.

Enjoy yourselves.

scotland
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining in Oban?

We stayed in Oban last year- just loved the Oyster Inn at Commel, ate there every nght- first class

scotland
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining in Oban?

Forgot to say we found a really nice Indian restaurant in town centre- wonderful meal. Ithink eating ot in Oban is very good

5. Re: Dining in Oban?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Oban