We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to seil island my report

burton on trent
Level Contributor
241 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to seil island my report

Wow! Seil island and surrounding area is gorgeous. i have had the most wonderful holiday. Stayed in the hamlet of Eilenbeich (not sure of the spelling sorry) in tramway cottages, perfect had everything we needed and more. Oysterbar on our doorstep, lovely homebrewed (in yorkshire)beers, but have to say the food was a little dissapointing, kids loved the burgers though, so maybe i just chose wrong. We ate at the Tigh and Truish which was truely great, good wholesome food, well cooked and delicious. I hand crusted rack of lamb, it melted in the mouth. We were forcast dire weather but it ended up being lovely. Showers first day but then bliss. We went with sea fari to the islands where the bee hive cells are, we saw minky whales porpoises, seals it was heavenly. Our guide and boat captin were fabulous. Made everything fun and informative. A highly recommended experience. we also went to the hollow mountain powerstation and met the rudest receptionist ever, had to wait fot tour as we haden't booked and although the two guys who took us into the mountain were great, it was a bi underwhelming. I do appreciate the magnificence of the engineering involved in making the powerstation and the benifits of waterpowed electricity. But basically the kids were a bit bored. Good bird watching oppertunity though. We also went to the sealife centre which was good value with the coupon in the oban guide. (next installment soon, gotta take daughter to work) i have more to say

1. Re: Trip to seil island my report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 11:20
Get answers to your questions about Oban