We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boutique hotels in oban?

Which Oban hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dumfries
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
boutique hotels in oban?

I'm wondering if there are any reasonably priced boutique type hotels or guest houses in oban? everywhere i've looked at seems a bit too tartan clad - for example, can't stand four poster beds etc...

Edinburgh
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: boutique hotels in oban?

If you don't mind staying a bit out of Oban I'd recommend the following 2 Guest Houses - both are superb:

1) www.dunnamara.com

2) www.melforthouse.co.uk

Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boutique hotels in oban?

Hi

you could try the Kings Knoll hotel,being refurbed at the moment opening May 18th

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: boutique hotels in oban?

Check out www.visitscotland.com

Oban
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: boutique hotels in oban?

WE have been told a few years ago,by someone in the business that corriemar was a very nice boutque style guesthouse,6 delux seaview rooms one with four poster which proves very popular,but by far our round seafront windows are the most spacious and opulent.

corriemarhouse has 14 individually furnished bedrooms and large seafront lounge as you can see from virtual tourn

Not a sight off tartan,and good tarrif.

on website www.corriemarhouse .co .uk.

Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: boutique hotels in oban?

Realistically there aren't any boutique hotels in Oban so just not to get your hopes up. It just isn't that kind of place. I would look at The Manor House (lovely small hotel atmosphere and great food) or the only 5 star guest house Dungallen House. But you will get a element of old worlde tarten wherever you go as that is what 99% of tourists are looking for.

Just to say that Dunnamara ( 20 mins drive) and Loch Melford ( 40 mins drive) and both a fair way out of Oban and don't have many / any eating option near by.

6. Re: boutique hotels in oban?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2010, 04:15