We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cologin Country Chalets & Lodges

Which Oban hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
685 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Cologin Country Chalets & Lodges

Cologin Country Chalets & Lodges, located 3 miles south of Oban have been recommended to us by a friend and we were wondering if anyone can provide their view on the place?

Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,248 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cologin Country Chalets & Lodges

We stayed there for a week, but it was a few years ago now. The cottages are fine, not luxurious but comfortable enough. The pub/ restaurant had really good food and had live music sometimes. There is a little stream which runs through the site and a small play area for children.

Oban
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cologin Country Chalets & Lodges

tripadvisor.co.uk/…reviews

I can personally recommend the pub - great food and atmosphere and a recently added covered beer garden just outside (see facebook for pictures - www.facebook.com/BarnBarLerags or /selfcateringoban). The lodges are very good for 3 Star, as 3nations says they are not luxurious but great if you have kids or pets!

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
685 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cologin Country Chalets & Lodges

Thanks for all the info guys. We'll need to decide soon to be sure to get booked up.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cologin Country Chalets & Lodges

Hi just spent 4 nights there with my wife on the 3/12/12--6/12/12 if your looking for somewhere quite and peaceful to stay at this time of year this could be the place for you as we never say a soul only cars lol, the lodge we had was 16 dont take it although very nice in every way nice kitchen 2 lovely bedrooms and bathroom was fine but in the sitting area the settee was well due for the bin as the metal frame dug into the back of your legs and was so uncomfortable and it only had 1 chair just as bad so we sat at the dining table all the time as my wife did not want to make a fuss, I wanted to ask for another lodge so to be fair to the owners they never got the chance to to rectify the problem and at the price we paid even the bad settee it was all worth it I would recommend this place to anyone as for Oban itself we love it good shopping and plenty of nice places to eat

hope this helps you

wullie-t

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cologin Country Chalets & Lodges

This is a nice place to stay

http://www.tralee.com/

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cologin Country Chalets & Lodges

I enquired over the weekend about booking a short break in one of the lodges at Cologin. I found the woman very abrupt and rude when making my enquiry. Her tone was terrible and I am glad that I have not booked my short break here. First impressions are everything.

7. Re: Cologin Country Chalets & Lodges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 April 2013, 14:35
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cologin Country Chalets & Lodges

Yea very much worth a visit we had a comfortable stay, Oban is always worth the visit

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Cologin Country Chalets & Lodges

Great 4 days . the hill and forest walks are plentiful and the views and scenery absolutely stunning, all the more enjoyable knowing we were coming back to a warm, cosy, roomy, comfortable chalet and all this only 3 miles away from Oban with more supermarkets per square mile than USA. We appreciated a plentiful supply of all our needs without petty rules and regulations. Very relaxing. Thank you. Bob and Helen Richardson

Highlands of...
Level Contributor
12 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cologin Country Chalets & Lodges

Also a nice place to stay

http://www.appinholidayhomes.co.uk

Get answers to your questions about Oban