We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood Hut 1st week of March?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
96 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood Hut 1st week of March?

Hi there-

My husband and I will be visiting Oban for a day around March 4-5. I will begin by saying that we're on a budget, but I will also say that I am a seafood fanatic- like I surprise people that a little girl like me can put away so much seafood- fanatic.

I was SO excited to try the Seafood Hut because it's cheap, fresh, and well recommended, but I've just seen that they may not be open until Mid-March!! I'm soooo disappointed!

Does anyone know if this is true? Will I be traveling 1/2 way across the world and not be able to try the deliciousness that is the Seafood Hut? If this is true, can anyone recommend another place that I might be able to devour some delicious crustaceans and bi-valves in multitudes on a meager American budget?

Any help is very appreciated!!

Thanks!

Oban, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
102 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood Hut 1st week of March?

I think you may be a bit early for the Seafood Hut and your days when you visit Oban also do not suit The Seafood Temple which is only open Wed-Sat in the winter season. You should still be alright though, because Oban does call itself "The seafood capital of Scotland" and I would probably recommend any of the following -Ee-Usk, Coast or The Waterfront Restaurant.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood Hut 1st week of March?

These are all great Oban recommendations.

Other fab seafood places that you might pass on your tour:

Possibly my favourite in Scotland: www.lochlevenseafoodcafe.co.uk/location.asp - around half an hour from Fort William, or an hour from Oban - check the map on their site.

Glasgow's got quite a few good seafood places - most people love

http://www.cafegandolfi.com/gandolfi-fish/

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood Hut 1st week of March?

would anyone know if the seafood hut @oban opens on sunday?

4. Re: Seafood Hut 1st week of March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Oban