We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mull & Iona coach tour

Chester
Level Contributor
209 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Mull & Iona coach tour

I wonder if anyone can help me. Can you give me the website or e-mail address of the company that has taken over from Bowmans tours.

I would like to contact them to arrange a tour of Mull & Iona in September.

Thank you

Crathie
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mull & Iona coach tour

I remember this being mentioned

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186584-i1964-k6…

then googled and found this

http://www.westcoastmotors.co.uk/

Hope they help :-)

Torshavn
Level Contributor
544 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mull & Iona coach tour

I booked our trip here: http://www.staffatours.com/

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mull & Iona coach tour

I just bought the tour ticket at the ferry terminal in Oban, the day before the tour (this past April).

Was very convenient - they gave me (4) ferry tickets and (2) bus tickets - to cover the whole journey.

I went mid-week, there was plenty of room on the tour.

Torshavn
Level Contributor
544 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mull & Iona coach tour

Any impressions about it? Is it worth? From the advertising and some comments, it seems to be a very nice trip. I am still taken aback by the price, but if the trip is good I am willing to forget how much it costs.

And by the way, was there any possibility to see Duart Castle?

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mull & Iona coach tour

Oh, definitely worth it! Especially if you have good weather. The bus driver was informative & entertaining during the drives across Mull. The water around Iona really is turquoise! On the ferry ride back from Mull, be sure to go to the top deck - the ferry passes right by Castle Duart, and you can get great photos. The tour did not go to the castle, but it looks like you can take a separate bus there:

duartcastle.com/visitus/visit_gettinghere.ht…

Torshavn
Level Contributor
544 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mull & Iona coach tour

trintraveller, thanks a lot, really appreciate it!

I always go on deck when on ferries (even here, in the Faroes, where I know by heart every single stone, every bird and every sheep from the cliffs), but thanks for suggesting. I tend to go bellow deck if it is too coold, but knowing this ...

As per weather, fingers crossed. Hope we'll get to see that cave on Staffa, I've been always fascinated about water can create. And I am also curious if it exists any similarities with the ones we have up here.

Edited: 05 July 2013, 00:53
Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mull & Iona coach tour

I didn't go to Staffa, but the Staffa boat was waiting, when our bus arrived in Fionnphort.

I think you'll go to Staffa first, then Iona.

Aberdeen, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mull & Iona coach tour

Went to Iona via ferry from Oban then coach to Iona ferry. Bus driver was Steve and although the scenery was stunning, his informative and comical commentary made the trip an unforgettable and enjoyable experience that I would highly recommend.. He obviously enjoys his work and telling passengers about his beloved island.

Aberdeen, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mull & Iona coach tour

Went to Iona via ferry from Oban then coach to Iona ferry. Bus driver was Steve and although the scenery was stunning, his informative and comical commentary made the trip an unforgettable and enjoyable experience that I would highly recommend.. He obviously enjoys his work and telling passengers about his beloved island.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mull & Iona coach tour

West Coast Motors seem to have taken over, but the Bowmans Tours website remains online and valid.

Get answers to your questions about Oban