We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suprise weekend

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
26 posts
Suprise weekend

Hello,

My husband to be and I are staying in Hawick mid-August for the weekend. It is a suprise for my husband, just as a wee post wedding get away. I have booked the Bank B&B which looks lovely and so far my plans are to go to Hermitage Castle because my Husband to be is an Elliot and of course Hermitage Castle is part of the Elliot history. On the sunday we need to head away earlyish to go to my friends party in North Berwick, but I was looking for some suggestions of other activities to do. Maybe even some good restaurants for dinner etc....any help much appreciated,

Laura

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
77 reviews
1. Re: Suprise weekend

I can't help with restaurants.

Hawick is close to the magnificent abbeys of Melrose

undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/melrose/melroseab…

historic-scotland.gov.uk/propertyresults/…

Jedburgh

undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/jedburgh/jedburgh…

and Dryburgh

undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/stboswells/drybur…

All are on the way to North Berwick.

Another suggestion is Smailhome Tower

undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/stboswells/smailh…

All of these are Historic Scotland properties and open 9.30-5.30.

Eleanor

2. Re: Suprise weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 06:36
Get answers to your questions about Hawick
Recent Conversations