We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port William Carnival - Dumfries & Galloway

Dumfries and...
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Port William Carnival - Dumfries & Galloway

Port William is holding its annual Carnival 26th July - 5th August.

www.portwilliam.com

Click on Carnival Week. Great fun for visitors from near and far.

Do hope some travellers in Scotland manage to 'drop by', the Machers area is well worth a visit.

Thank you for looking.

Caerlaverock Castle
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Castles
Drumlanrig Castle
Art Museums, Castles, Historic Sites
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port William Carnival - Dumfries & Galloway

Hi Norahbatty, nice to see a new 'virtual neighbour' on the forum. I have made forays into Dumfries and Galloway a few times, though sadly more often than not I am just passing through en route to England and beyond.

The closest I've got to Port William is Newtown Stewart, Kirkudbright and Rockliffe Shoreline, so I obviously need to plug the gap and head for Port William one of these days.

You are so lucky to live in such a gorgeous and unspoilt part of the country. The carnival looks fun.

PS. Am I right in saying that the TV series 'Two Thousand Acres of Sky' was filmed in the vicinity? My geographical knowledge of the area is a bit wobbly!

Dumfries and...
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port William Carnival - Dumfries & Galloway

Hi, purpleceltic!

Nice to meet you - so to speak!

Carnival is good fun, hopefully the weather will be kind to us! Yes we are really lucky to live here, say that to OH most days.

Yes, 'Two thousand acres' was filmed at Port Logan another grand spot.

(P.S. Forgive my spelling mistake should have put Machars)

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port William Carnival - Dumfries & Galloway

My sister was a big fan of the TV series and would love to visit the area one day, purely because 'Two Thousand Acres of Sky' made it look so wonderful. The power of TV eh :-)

4. Re: Port William Carnival - Dumfries & Galloway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Dumfries and Galloway