We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caerlaverock Castle

Memphis
Level Contributor
673 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Caerlaverock Castle

Does anyone know if the castle grounds can be accessed after hours? I realize to enter the castle we need to be there during regular business hours, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to see the castle after it is closed.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,064 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caerlaverock Castle

Don't know the answer to your query but there is a contact email on this website which will probably give the most accurate info.

…visitscotland.com/vs/…home.html

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Caerlaverock Castle

You can see the outside of the castle even when its closed.

Memphis
Level Contributor
673 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caerlaverock Castle

Great. I plan to visit during operating hours but just wondering in case we happen to be there after hours if we'd be able to access the grounds at all or at least be able to see it from the road or car park.

4. Re: Caerlaverock Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:08
Get answers to your questions about Dumfries and Galloway