We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burns Trail

Which Dumfries hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kilbirnie, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Burns Trail

I can recommend Ellisland Farm. We were given a very comprehensive tour by the curator. This man is so knowledgeable, and obviously has a great affection and admiration for Robert Burns. The collection has some interesting pieces actually owned by Burns himself, and there are great walks around the farm itself.

Burns' House in Dumfries is to be recommended for its very helpful staff, and is a great small exhibition, full of information. We thoroughly enjoyed both visits.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,784 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burns Trail

zilsniggy, its good to hear you had an excellent visit. Your positive comments would be very useful to future visitors who may not find them here on the forums. I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated if you submitted your reviews, large or small to the reviews section.

Here's a link to Burns House on Tripadvisor:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186513-d2…

link to Ellisland Farm:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186512-d2…

Glad you had a good trip (mostly)

Haste Ye Back:-)

Kilbirnie, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burns Trail

Hi Purpleceltic-I'm new to the forum and posting, and may need some guidance-just finding my way around!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,784 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Burns Trail

Great to get new blood on the forums zils. There are plenty of good people here to give you a friendly pointer should you need it. Feel free to join in.

PC:-)

Kilbirnie, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Burns Trail

Thanks PC-unfortunately I've made my first boo-boo!! I submitted my review of the Robert Burns Centre under "Robert Burns House" Doh!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,784 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burns Trail

Zils, Been there, lol. All you need to do is contact customer support and they will wave a magic wand and get it sorted. Here's the link so you can send them a quick heads-up.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/help

Thanks for doing the review. I may go there myself one of these days:-)

Kilbirnie, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Burns Trail

Thanks,PC-that's what I get for being over-enthusiastic!!

7. Re: Burns Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Dumfries