We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dumfries House

cumbria
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Dumfries House

Does anyone know if it is possible to book a 1 day coach trip to Dumfries House from the Dumfries area?

5 replies to this topic
Biggar, United...
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
809 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dumfries House

Probably best to contact Dumfries House as they should be aware of such arrangements.

National Trust for Scotland were putting together packages for bus tour operators which was to include Dumfries House and their properties but whether any have taken up the offer I don't know. (Strathmore Hotels are running a tour to Dumfries House with pick ups in Glasgow or Edinburgh on 16 August 2014).

The public bus from Dumfries is not very practical involving a change at Sanquhar and taking around 3 1/2 hours each way!

cumbria
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dumfries House

Many thanks. Did try to contact DH but no reply. Will try again. Ideally need to travel from Carlisle but will compromise.

Northumberland
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dumfries House

My company, Inspiration Garden Tours, will be running a 2-day trip to Dumfries House in 2015. We will be travelling from the North East and stopping off for coffee at Houghton Hall Garden Centre near Carlisle. The trip will be some time between June-September. If you are interested in this trip please visit our website: www.inspirationgardentours.co.uk for contact details. We are also running a luxury 2-day trip staying at Dumfries House Lodge on July 8-9 2015 which is full but if you wish to put your name on the reserve list please contact me. It's a long way ahead so cancellations are expected.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,922 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dumfries House

Dumfries House is not near Dimfries. Just saying....

Northumberland
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dumfries House

Yeah I know. I have already ran two trips there over the last couple of years. It's near Cumnock on the road to Ayr.

Reply to: Dumfries House
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dumfries