We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shocking Food at the Crossways Inn

UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Shocking Food at the Crossways Inn

There are not many places to eat out in Gretna Green. But this one should be avoided. The food was shockingly bad. I couldn't saw my meat apart and my wife couldn't find any pasta in her lasagne.

Subsequently a local told us it gets a bit rough at night. That goes a long way to explaining why the staff were the way they were.

If you want good food go to the restaurant in Smiths Hotel. It was top class.

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shocking Food at the Crossways Inn

The food in the restaurant at the Gables Hotel is also worth a mention.

Liverpool, U.K.
Level Contributor
66 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shocking Food at the Crossways Inn

Rough would be an understatement - we went in there one evening and there was a brawl going on outside the pub involving about 20 Scots!

Food wasn't too bad but not exactly outstanding.

county down
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shocking Food at the Crossways Inn

Stayed at The Crossways May 2009. Fairly basic hotel, on the cheaper end of the scale. Single room, clean, bit small, but ok. I thought staff were friendly and helpful. I arrived at 8am and they let me up to my room as it was vacant instead of waiting till 2 pm for it.lounge was nice and peaceful, worth avoiding public bar if football on tv, bit noisey.I intend to stay again.Nice breakfast, dont know about other meals.

teesside
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Shocking Food at the Crossways Inn

Can someone advise and help me i have just booked to stay here the evening i get married and have wedding buffet there on evening they said they would close the lounge off for us i have been told its a lovely bar is it just because its a local pub

swansea
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shocking Food at the Crossways Inn

The Cross Keys Hotel which is a short drive away in Canonbie is well worth a mention. Their carvery meal is the best i've tasted. They gave us a room to ourselves and were very friendly.

6. Re: Shocking Food at the Crossways Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Gretna Green