We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting Married in Gretna Green next year!!!

Which Gretna Green hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
tyne and wear
3 posts
Save Topic
getting Married in Gretna Green next year!!!

Im just about to book up with 'one stop wedding shop' from gretna green wedding packages. It looks ideal . Has anyone else been married or is thinking of getting married in Gretna, it would be a great help if anyone has any advise or is unsure themselves what the best package or deals are.

I would like to get married at Anvil Hall, have a silver rolls or horse and carriage and have our 20 something guests have a reception meal somewhere!

Perth
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: getting Married in Gretna Green next year!!!

You will find reccomendations at the local tourist board and can enquire as to references etc there as well. Good luck. We do offer various wedding packages for european clients.

tyne and wear
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: getting Married in Gretna Green next year!!!

I checked everything out and found the one stop wedding to be the best package to go for as it includes all the requirements i need.

Thank you for your reply.

As we only live an hour and a half from Gretna/ England then we are going up this week to hand our deposit over.

The Willows looks to be a good place for guests to stay over if they desire.

Sheffield
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: getting Married in Gretna Green next year!!!

hi

we have just returned from getting married in Gretna and used One stop weddings to arrange everything for us.

They were excellent and we couldnt have asked them (especially Sharon) to do anything more for us. The Rolls royce, flowers, etc were all first class. We stopped in the Gables Hotel in Gretna, again aranged by One Stop and this was again an excellent choice for the bridal suite.

As for the ceremony , we were in Gretna a couple of days before and saw other weddings, I would not recommend the Blacksmiths Shop unless you want a very public wedding.

We were married at the Mill Forge which is a very quiet setting about 5 minutes outside Gretna and a very beautiful little chapel ideal for your 20 or so guests .they also have accommodation.

Hoping this is of use to you

D

Worcester
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: getting Married in Gretna Green next year!!!

I've just provisionally booked my wedding at the Blacksmiths workshop for May next year. I'm not bothering to do it all through One Stop because I think its better value for money sorting it out yourself. I'm having 24 guests, hopefully in the Ramsey suite in Gretna Hall hotel. Has anyone else got any comments on Gretna Hall Hotel???

Greater Manchester...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: getting Married in Gretna Green next year!!!

this is a reply for jayney, i recently got married at gretna hall hotel in the linton room,it was afantastic day the food was lovely and the staff were friendly and helpful.best day of our lives.i recommend colin wyper for photos. enjoy your day.p.s i organised our wedding day myself not through one stop.

Christchurch, New...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting Married in Gretna Green next year!!!

We travelled from New Zealand to marry at Gretna and arranged it all ourselves. We stayed at Gretna Hall Hotel and had all our photos taken there too. Would reccommend it.

Felixstowe, England
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: getting Married in Gretna Green next year!!!

We're also looking at getting married in Gretna Green next year at the Anvil Hall, but I'd rather organise it myself as the One Stop packages includes a lot of "extras" that we don't want.

Could anyone tell me how to book the wedding venue direct?

Thanks

Susan

Sheffield South...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: getting Married in Gretna Green next year!!!

Anvil Hall telephone number 01461 337971 or email gretnaweddings@aol.com Its gorgeous and private.

southport,england
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: getting Married in Gretna Green next year!!!

i am thinking of getting married in gretna and need a hotel to put up lots of friends and relatives for the night at the cheapest price please let me know at gordonmarshalsey@hotmail.co.uk thank you all and appy new year

SHEFFIELD. SOUTH...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: getting Married in Gretna Green next year!!!

Hi to all Brides

I am in the same similiar situation as you all in that I would like to book a wedding at Gretna ....... but because it is our second marraige and we dont want to spend a fortune but still have a wonderful day, I don't know whether it it better to go for the 'one-stop' wedding package option or to try and organise it all myself!

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has any comments regarding their own experience with their wedding plans and basically if you did decide to organise it yourself .... how did you get started and any info and hints would be very much appreciated, or do you think with experience you would have preferred to have had it all organised for you. HELP!

Thanking you and have a wonderful wedding day yourselves.

Chris

Get answers to your questions about Gretna Green