We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating near the Doghouse

Which Dundee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
68 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Eating near the Doghouse

Coming down for a gig at the Doghouse, says 8pm start, on a Tuesday night, can anyone suggest anywhere nice to eat beforehand? No preference whether scottish, indian, chinese, french etc etc. Also, cheapest (i.e. free!) place to park for the Doghouse.

Thanks.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating near the Doghouse

The Doghouse is on Ward Road - there is street parking there which would be free after 6pm and there are also a few streets leading off from there, also free. If you want to head to a free car park, then the Bell Street Multi Storey is nearby - a bit tricky to find the entrance to, so best check out Google for info. Eating, there isn't really anything near the Doghouse, but a short walk away in Whitehall Street, is Jimmy Cheung's, a Chinese buffet. Also fairly close by is Cafe Buongiorno in Bank Street (pizza, pasta, salads - food good, service can be slow at busy times).

Edited: 03 April 2011, 20:08
Scotland
Level Contributor
68 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating near the Doghouse

Thanks for your suggestions, wondered if I could impose for some further tips......hubby has just realised that Man Utd are playing Chelsea the same night as our gig and wants to see if we can find somewhere to eat where we can also watch the football before going to the Doghouse, there's a support band so think the main band will be on about 10pm. This wasn't in my plans for the night but we'll have to compromise!!

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating near the Doghouse

Hi!

There's free parking right beside the polis station just off Ward Road, should be spaces at that time.

Also, there's a cracking pub grub place called Fat Sams I think, just round the corner from Ward Road. Can't remember if it has tv or not?

Emelda

4. Re: Eating near the Doghouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 08:24
Get answers to your questions about Dundee
Recent Conversations