We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in and around Dundee!

Which Dundee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
3 posts
Save Topic
What to do in and around Dundee!

Hi,

What would be recommended for entertaiment and points of intererest around Dundee!

I'm coming with a friend in March and don't even know the first port of call. We're getting a bus and then have 2 days to fully explore!

Kind Regards

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in and around Dundee!

Hi

One thing worth a look is Scott's ship the discovery, which he sailed to the Antartic - it is on permanent display (at Discovery Point - which is quite well signposted) - with an interesting exhibition.

Leeds
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in and around Dundee!

Thank you, I will definately keep that in mind, sounds like there is lots of heritage engrained in Dundee!

If any other people have any useful advice like what has been posted then please do not hesitate to get in contact. I have 2 days available to explore the sights and sounds of the local area!

Kind Regards

Dundee
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in and around Dundee!

drive to the top of the Law hill.............local

Dundee
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in and around Dundee!

drive to the top of the Law hill.............local

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,359 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in and around Dundee!

You're not far from Perth or St Andrews if you get bored with Dundee.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in and around Dundee!

Hi, I dont know your age or interests but theres quite a lot to do...

The DCA (dundee contemporary arts) is sometimes worth a look for its free exhibitions, and it has a nice cinema attached.

There's a great theatre here - the dundee rep. they have a website if you want to book a show.

The overgate centre is not bad for shopping, but if your'e from leeds, then I would say that Leeds is better!

You could go up the Law as someone mentioned (Dundee's hill) and I would recommend getting the bus out to broughty ferry (about 4miles) for a walk along the beach. Theres also broughty ferry castle and some lovely little gift shops and art galleries.

there's also the discovery, a kids science place called sensation, verdant works about the jute trade which is meant to be very good, a free observatory and Camperdown park is nice for a walk... theres an ice rink up at camperdown too and a big UGC. Ice rink has ice hockey matches some sat nights if youre looking for something a bit diff to do.

St. Andrews is half an hour away and is a lovely wee place with beautiful beaches.

In terms of nightlife and food if you head out of town along the perth road (go along nethergate towards uni and this becomes perth rd_) for some nice places to eat. This area is quite studenty so most places are not too pricey.

There are a number of places to drink around the university campus. The social pub next to the rep is quite nice, braes is ok too and the globe which is behind the uni campus There's loads more too...

The Rep cafe bar does fantastic food and its quite reasonable. I would def recommend here.

Enjoy your stay!

Leeds
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in and around Dundee!

Thank you for the in depth advice. I am quite looking forward to visiting Dundee & the surrounding area ... I think thre is a little bit of Peter Pan in all of us.

I thank everybody for their input and kind manner it was portrayed in.

Kind Regards

Get answers to your questions about Dundee
Recent Conversations