We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking at the Craigie Inn

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,800 posts
297 reviews
Save Topic
Looking at the Craigie Inn

Their website is down so I can't peruse the menu or find out much about the place, though I recall hearing good things from peple who have been in the last few months.

Is it a pub with food or just a restaurant?

Is it informal or a bit smart?

Knockentiber...
Level Contributor
649 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking at the Craigie Inn

Have a look here,

dailyrecord.co.uk/life/…

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,800 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking at the Craigie Inn

Thanks for the timely heads-up bestabaz. I have to say I couldn't agree more with the old buffoon. Top notch food was had in cosy smart room, served by the nicest staff. Well worth the long drive.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,800 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking at the Craigie Inn

PS Would I be correct in saying that Craigie Village comes within the South Ayrshire boundary?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking at the Craigie Inn

I think it comes under South Ayrshire, not 100% though since I am only a few miles away in Kilmarnock and we are East Ayrshire.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,800 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking at the Craigie Inn

South Ayrshire Council website have it in South Ayrshire. I know Kilmarnock (east ayrshire) is included in their address so this probably adds to the confusion, though South Ayrshire uses Kilmarnock postcodes. Such is life.

6. Re: Looking at the Craigie Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kilmarnock