We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to visit on south west coast in 3 days

Which Kilmarnock hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
queensland
Level Contributor
430 posts
180 reviews
Save Topic
Where to visit on south west coast in 3 days

Arriving at Cairnryan by ferry and have 3-4 days to see some of the south west coast of scotland before heading to Wark Northumberland on 18th October. Would appreciate any MUST SEE areas or towns. Mainly into scenery, a little history, great little towns. Nightlife is not a big thing for us but do appreciate a great pub meal, and like good simple food. Also, not sure what forum I should be on for this.

12 replies to this topic
Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to visit on south west coast in 3 days

Can I set the record straight, Derek?

Glen Trool does make sense on the way from Cairnryan to Wark, which is what I suggested in my first post.

However if you read missyperu's response she says "we should be able to do some of the Galloway Forest park excursions from our base in Wark if we do not get time on our way over. " The point I was making is that there is loads of good walking a lot closer. It seems silly to spend 3 hours in the car driving across to Galloway from Wark and then another 3 hours back again....

queensland
Level Contributor
430 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to visit on south west coast in 3 days

Thank you every one for all of your invaluable information, it was excellent. I will write a review of our travels shortly when I get on top of everything. We loved Scotland and Northern England but Scotland was pretty spectacular.

Reply to: Where to visit on south west coast in 3 days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kilmarnock