We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A 4 day break in Kilmarnock Sept.2014

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
A 4 day break in Kilmarnock Sept.2014

Hi From Dublin,

I have a good offer flights and apartment to visit Kilmarnock.We have never visited

Scotland.Both of us are mid sixties we need a nice quite few days with good pubs restaurants

and a bit of shopping.Please any advice would be appreciated.

Slainte,

Baile Bologna,

13 replies to this topic
Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: A 4 day break in Kilmarnock Sept.2014

I agree about Prestwick, but I think the member posting the tosh has a chip on his shoulder about life in general. Best ignored.

12. Re: A 4 day break in Kilmarnock Sept.2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 08:05

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,879 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: A 4 day break in Kilmarnock Sept.2014

Prestwick or Troon may indeed fit the bill if you fancy a place where you can enjoy a gentle stroll along the promenade or beach, coupled with a few pints in a local pub and some nice places to eat out. Both towns have some cracking tea rooms and decent restaurants, Both towns have great, very frequent rail links down the coast to Ayr or up the coast to Glasgow. If you fancy a wander around Cumbrae, its easy to get up to Largs for a day out and the ferry doesn't need to be booked.

Reply to: A 4 day break in Kilmarnock Sept.2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kilmarnock