We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name of Royal Mike Shop

Westport...
Level Contributor
231 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Name of Royal Mike Shop

Hello! I've visited Edinburgh Royal Mile in April and planned to return this month -

And to do some Christmas shopping while I was there. Unfortunately my plans have changed and I have lost the info about a particular shop - can you all help me?

It is a shop that stocks woven goods (capes, ponchos, scarves and wraps) that are made in Scotland with Scottish wool. Last April there was a 20"x72" +/- wrap in the window that was reversible and had a thistle design woven into it.

If you are standing with your back to The Fudge Kitchen, it is across the street at about the 10 o'clock position. I'm hoping to secure those beautiful Scottish items for Christmas!!! Thank you for your help!

Diva
Gift & Speciality Shops
Neanie Scott
Gift & Speciality Shops
Westport...
Level Contributor
231 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Name of Royal Mike Shop

Aka Royal Mile!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Name of Royal Mike Shop

have you looked on google street view?

Edited: 21 September 2017, 19:23
Westport...
Level Contributor
231 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Name of Royal Mike Shop

Thank you, Nowhere, I have googled and street viewed and cannot seem to figure out which shop it is.

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,008 posts
437 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Name of Royal Mike Shop

John Morrison kilt makers? https://www.heritageofscotland.com/

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
23,327 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Name of Royal Mike Shop

Tappit Hen?, my late mother used to knit stuff for that shop often to order.

Westport...
Level Contributor
231 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Name of Royal Mike Shop

Thank you PM, I didn't go to that kiltmaker.

Westport...
Level Contributor
231 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Name of Royal Mike Shop

Uncle Gus I will check that one, but I'm not sure! I only realized that I'd given up all info about the place on the plane ride home and I was looking for the receipt to put the info into my phone - I turned the receipt in with my other "VAT" refund info!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Name of Royal Mike Shop

If you go to ROYAL-MILE.com......this will bring up all of the shops on the royal mile.......think you will find it there

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,058 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Name of Royal Mike Shop

There's an Edinburgh Woollen Mill about 2 o'clock from the Fudge kitchen. If it's not the kiltmakers then there doesn't seem to be anything else along that stretch unless you have the location in relation to the Fudge Kitchen wrong?

Westport...
Level Contributor
231 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Name of Royal Mike Shop

Thank you, all for your kind replies. Edinem, I do think I had the location a little off, and Myrtle, I had done that to see if I could jog my memory to no avail (but I did get some good leads from that website!) So, I went back and did another "Street view" and, sadly, I believe it is the yellow shop next to Bonnie Blue, however in the street view the shop I want is empty. Oh. well... maybe I should learn to weave on my own!!!

If only my DD had gone to Univ. of Edinburgh Id' be there right now!!! =8< {