We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport weather

Level Contributor
170 posts
21 reviews
Airport weather

See on the news the tail end of hurricane to hit Scotland , I have flight home to Barcelona on Tuesday morning any danger of it being cancelled or is the weather to be windy but planes ok to take off

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,916 posts
97 reviews
1. Re: Airport weather

Currently the forecast is for high winds in the area through to around lunchtime Tuesday. It's impossible to say if flights will be cancelled but I would have thought some delays are likely.

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
2. Re: Airport weather

According to current forecasts it will be gone by then and won't affect the east side of the country much.

Flights can and do get cancelled for all sorts of reasons, the tail end of this hurricane, which it won't be when it arrives, is unlikely to be among them.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,171 posts
80 reviews
3. Re: Airport weather

The only flight to BCN on Tuesday is Ryanair at 0630. Looking at the forecast for early Tuesday morning there is wind speeds gusting to 47mph from the WSW which is about exactly the direction the runway faces for take offs at EDI.

Actually pilots like taking off and landing into a headwind so I don't see an issue. It is crosswinds that cause problems.

4. Re: Airport weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: today, 06:18