We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple of questions

worthing, sussex uk
Level Contributor
175 posts
36 reviews
Couple of questions

Hi, I'm in town on business next week staying in the Royal mile premier inn. Is this part of town easy to reach from Edinburgh airport via tram or bus or is a taxi needed? Also i'd like to visit the Xmas market whilst in town. Would this be easy to get to from the hotel? Any help would be appreciated.

11 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,011 posts
615 reviews
1. Re: Couple of questions

Airlink100 Bus stops on Waverley Bridge, west side of Waverley Train Station and is about a quarter to a half mile walk to the Premier Inn on East Market Street. Tram is further away at St Andrew Square stop. Taxi door to door will be about £22-£25.

Main Christmas markets are in East Princes Street Gardens and are accessible off Waverley Bridge, just up from the Airlink100 Bus Stop. Also activities in St Andrew Square and George Street, which are not much further beyond.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Couple of questions

The 100 Airlink bus takes you to Waverley Bridge which is a short walk from your Hotel.

Edinburgh city centre is compact so again it's an easy walk to the markets.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,892 posts
3. Re: Couple of questions

Take the 100 bus to it's terminus on Waverley Bridge, then walk on the (relative) flat along Market Street under North Bridge into East Market Street. About 400m walk

worthing, sussex uk
Level Contributor
175 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: Couple of questions

That's really helpful thanks to both of you. One other question does anyone know roughly how much a cab would be from the premier inn to Rosyth. Didn't hire a car this trip so may have to cab it.

worthing, sussex uk
Level Contributor
175 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: Couple of questions

thanks for that. Quick answers on this forum.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,892 posts
6. Re: Couple of questions

Where in Rosyth? It does have a train station

worthing, sussex uk
Level Contributor
175 posts
36 reviews
7. Re: Couple of questions

a drop at the train station would be fine.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,975 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Couple of questions

Your easiest route would be the train from Waverley station to Rosyth Station. Various routes to get there but the simplest is the Edinburgh - Glenrothes route, and you get off part-way. There are buses as well.

The other nearby station is Inverkeithing.

If you're heading for a cruise ship at Rosyth, you can get a taxi from Inverkeithing at little cost compared with a taxi all the way.

worthing, sussex uk
Level Contributor
175 posts
36 reviews
9. Re: Couple of questions

Its a business trip so a cab would be most convienient, i just wondered what an expected fare would be. Are any of the cab companies better than others.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,975 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Couple of questions

There are three black cab companies, all the same quality. City Cabs, Central Taxis, and comcab. There are many private hire companies (including Uber) with varying degrees of reliability. Some pretend to be proper taxi companies but none are allowed to pick you up on the street. I'd stick to the black cabs personally.

Centre of town to the airport costs something like £25, so I would guess it would cost something like £40 to Rosyth, based on distance.

PS Rome2Rio is pretty good at estimating routes and costs https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Edinburgh/Rosyth

Reply to: Couple of questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted