We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburgh Military Tattoo

Nelson, New Zealand
1 post
Save Topic
Edinburgh Military Tattoo

I'm travelling to Edinburgh in August and would love to see the Tattoo BUT apparantly all the tickets have sold out - I'm only there for the last three days it runs. Does anyone know how I can get a ticket?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,844 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Edinburgh Military Tattoo

1) Buy from a tout

2) By a hotel package

3) Turn up each morning a the ticket office and ask for returns

BTW the tattoo sold out about 3 months ago

Boston
Level Contributor
923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Edinburgh Military Tattoo

mfm,

As luck would have it, I have an extra ticket for Friday, August 24th which is the 2nd to last day. Initially, as soon as tickets went on sale I purchased 2 tickets for my son and I. Two months later my wife decided she wanted to go and I had to go on the hunt for another ticket. Since our two tickets are in the East stand B, I put an extra effort to find another ticket in the same section. However, my only resort was ebay and to pay twice the face value and buy 2 tickets. I will not resort to ticket scalping and will sell the ticket for face value 40 GBP plus shipping.

I was wondering how I was going to sell it as the ticket office will gladly take it back in less 25%. You can email me at hockeynight35@msn.com.

Scotland
Level Contributor
593 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Edinburgh Military Tattoo

You might want to make sure those E-bay tickets will be valid, because the Tattoo, like other festivals and events, has been cracking down on ticket touts. As per the below from the website, it is expressly forbidden to sell tickets on (unless you are running packaged tours), especially at a profit.

"The purchaser represents and warrants that the ticket is purchased for personal use only, and that it is not purchased as part of any form of business or commercial activity (save as expressly authorised by The Edinburgh Military Tattoo and its agents), and in particular, that the ticket may not be resold or offered for resale by anyone whether at a premium or otherwise and may not be used for advertising, promotion (including contests and sweepstakes) or for any other trade purposes. Resale or attempted resale at a price higher than that printed herein is grounds for seizure or cancellation without refund or other compensation, this includes, for the avoidance of doubt, any publication via the internet or any other means with the intent to resell for commercial gain."

Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edinburgh Military Tattoo

My wife and I will be in Edinburgh 9th-11th August. We are travelling from Australia on the start of a 7 week Britain/European tour. We didn't realise until after that the Tattoo was on while we were there. We would dealy love to get a hold of two tickets, at cost, if anyone has tickets they can no longer use. Similarly, I would would not buy from tauts.

edinburgh
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edinburgh Military Tattoo

Seemingly they keep so many tickets back each day so you have to go to the ticket office early and cue .

But you must be in the front of the cue

on the road in...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Edinburgh Military Tattoo

Dear mfm,

Yes the Tattoo is "sold out" but that is because hotels and travel agents buy in bulk ahead of public.

Visit Scotland still have packages available (although not sure if the last weekend is still available).

Best thing is either book a hotel package or call company's like Frontdesk (although their prices are inflated).

Otherwise and for best price - see the box office about 2pm every day!

Good Luck

Lincoln
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Edinburgh Military Tattoo

Hello,

I have 2 superb tickets together for the Edinburgh tattoo on sat 4/8/07 10:30 performance.

We can no longer make it due to a wedding that weekend.

Tickets are in hand.

We also have a hotel in Edinburgh available for the saturday night if it would be any use.

Any questions please call me on 0778 750 4799

Best Regards

Tim

8. Re: Edinburgh Military Tattoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 00:17