We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus: airport -> Meadowbank <-> city centre

Southampton
11 posts
Save Topic
Bus: airport -> Meadowbank <-> city centre

I've booked an apartment in Meadowbank (map: http://www.multimap.com/maps/#t=l&map=55.95508,-3.15589|16|4&loc=GB:55.95508:-3.15589:16|EH8%207AR|EH8%207AR) for next week but the owner wasn't very helpful. Can anyone tell me what bus I can take to get there from the airport and which bus(es) is to the city centre? If possible please tell me approximately where I can find the bus stop please...

On another note, is Jam House on Queen Street any good?

Thanks!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus: airport -> Meadowbank <-> city centre

you could get the airport bus to Princes street (£3.00) and a bus from there

www.lothianbuses.co.uk/planner/find.aspx

this link will list the buses that go by meadowbank.the no 4 & 44 can be got on Princes street I am not sure about the others

this is my review of the Jam House.

Posted on: 7:35 am, December 17, 2006 Save

I went to the Jam House last night and I must say i have mixed feelings about the place.

we arrived just afret 8.00 pm and were charge £3 entry (I can live with that )later at night it gets more expensive to enter.Went to the cloakroom to hand in my jacket and sweater(it was a very cold night last night) and was charge £1 per item which is a bit steep.couldn't get seat near the dance area but got seat in the bar area.The place is quite nice and the drinks prices reasonable for city center Edinburgh

service for that time of night was relatively quick.The band playing were ok all cover versions but they started doing covers of well known christmas songs and that nearly drove me out the place.there was a break with a Dj taking over and he played a good variety of well known songs.The ABBA Girls were the next live offering,my mates thought they were great,I though they were pretty dire.by this time the place was getting very busy and service at the bar was taking a while,just not enough staff or too many customer but Jam House that needs to be sorted.

The toilets are a good size with enough room for about 10 guys at the same time but why do they only have one hand-drier,I know we are men but lots of us do wash our hands after using the toilet,also it could have done with a bit of a clean as even early on it wasn't looking too good .

a bit more of a session with the Dj and the House band came on playing lots of cover versions but please you are never ever going to be as good as Steeley Dan ,so leave their stuff alone.There was by this time a huge queue outside so I presume the place had reached it maximum numbers,just as well as it was now taking 15-20 minutes to get served at the bar,one advantage of that was that I was able to have a chat with a few nice ladies.

during the evening we had a few dances on the fair sized dance floor,but the problems of trying to get served at the bar so exsaperated us that we decided to leave about 11.45 pm and head to another place for the rest of the night.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,974 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus: airport -> Meadowbank <-> city centre

Bus stops at the Airport are right outside the main entrance /exit,bus stops are well marked on Princes street but not all buses stop at all stops,just check the number you want is on the list (it's pretty obvious).

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus: airport -> Meadowbank <-> city centre

Besides the ones Unclegus mentioned lots of other buses go from the city centre to the Meadowbank area. These include the 5,15and 26.

4. Re: Bus: airport -> Meadowbank <-> city centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 14:21