We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TASC meeting 28 July - reminder

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Topic
TASC meeting 28 July - reminder

I'm sending a PM to everyone who has said they'll be at the Guldford on the 28th but, just in case anyone else missed the original threads and wants to come along I'm posting this here too.

A meeting of TripAdvisor's doughty Scottish contributors has been organised for Saturday 28 July in the Guildford Arms in Edinburgh. Meet in the bar at 7:00 then proceed to the Gallery Restaurant upstairs at 8:00.

For those who don't know where it is, it's in a central location opposite the Balmoral Hotel and up the side of Burger King. It's close to Waverley railway station, St Andrews Square bus station and just about every city bus route.

If any other Scottish contributors (or other TA contributors who will be in Edinburgh that weekend) would care to join us, please let me know, as the pub will need to know how many to cater for. Reply to this thread if you like or send me a message.

Best Seller
Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Highlands...
1,901 reviews
from US$63.10*
Likely To Sell Out
3-Day Isle of Skye and Scottish...
467 reviews
from US$321.00*
3-Day Isle of Skye and Highlands Tour...
88 reviews
from US$315.40*
3-Day Isle of Skye and Scottish...
168 reviews
from US$573.30*
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
366 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: TASC meeting 28 July - reminder

Hey Everyone,

'Fraid I'm having to drop out of the festivities as I'm off to Plockton and the Isle of Skye with my folks! Have a wee drinkette or three for me and hopefully I'll make it next time.....!!! :)

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: TASC meeting 28 July - reminder

Might be able to make, will let you know by start of next week.

The Guildford brings back memories of when I used to work in the NB twentyish (ugh!) years ago.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: TASC meeting 28 July - reminder

OK Smithstone - I look forward to hearing from you and I hope you'll be able to make it. We've had a couple of drop-outs so there's room for a wee one!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: TASC meeting 28 July - reminder

Penguin wrote

"I'm off to Plockton and the Isle of Skye"

Lucky you, I loved Plockton, have you been before?

Balmy, palm trees, mill pond sea & highland cattle wandering down "main" street :-)

Have a great trip.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: TASC meeting 28 July - reminder

OK - we're almost there! The latest position is that 10 people have confirmed that they'll be there. PurpleCeltic and Penguin1977 sadly can't make it.

Smithstone is a possible but hasn't yet confirmed and I haven't had confirmation from Gibson123, Fifporter or TheGoodwitch - but they had all said thay'd be there so I'm assuming that hasn't changed. They could be on holiday.

Finally, we may be joined by two guests from the USA if JayLyons and Maureen find their way there.

So I'll phoned the Guildford later today to confirm that we expect between 12 and 16. Presumably they'll sit us at two extended tables.

Mrs Claymore and I will be at Murrayfield for the Hearts v Barcelona game and we'll be heading straight to the Guildford afterwards so apologies in advance for not showering immediately before meeting you all! We won't be wearing football colours, though!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,448 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: TASC meeting 28 July - reminder

Thanks for getting this together mate.

I won't be at the match as I am playing in a bowls tournament almost in the shadow of Murryfield.

I will however have enough time to get home and change,do you want me to bring a can of deoderant?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: TASC meeting 28 July - reminder

So if there is any doubt about who is NB....????!!!!:-) Will it be Lynx Gus?!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,448 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: TASC meeting 28 July - reminder

No I think I will bring out the good stuff for him,he is no a bad lad.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: TASC meeting 28 July - reminder

Ha ha, the pair of you! I'll make sure I'm smothered in Cliniquie Happy for Men before I go to the footie! That should keep me sweet - can't vouch for Mrs C, though.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,448 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: TASC meeting 28 July - reminder

And there is me thinking you were an Avon Skin so Soft man!