We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eh10 area help

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
eh10 area help

wehave friends living in the eh 10 areaof edinburgh and we would like to suprise them with a visit in early august. Can anyone suggest at least a 3* hotel/guest house in the area. We will not be driving. thank you

UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eh10 area help

EH10 is around the Fairmilehead area of Edinburgh. It's on the outskirts of the city.

Would you prefer to stay there or somewhere more central? A bus from the city centre would probably only take 10 minutes.

Obviously, without posting the exact address, if you were to post which area or street it is, I can suggest some accomodation.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eh10 area help

thanks. we would like to be in the centre but on a direct bus route

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eh10 area help

Hi Me again, just checked his address and we think its polwarth road? hope that helps

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
264 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eh10 area help

EH10 is Bruntsfield, Morningside, Polwarth and Merchiston and is pretty close to the city centre. If you are after a hotel you could try the Bruntsfield hotel or there are quite a few guest houses on Leamington Terrace and Hartington Gardens.

UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eh10 area help

EH10 is ALSO fairmilehead - my parents live there.... the problem is that EH10 encompasses such a large area.

I would suggest the Ardmillan Hotel. http://www.ardmillanhotel.com/

It's a family run hotel above a pub which does nice food and had a good atmosphere. Its shouldn't be too pricey either I wouldn't have thought.

I have eaten and drank there lthough never stayed there. A friend had though and liked it and it gets good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a 'Polwarth Road' although Polwarth is certainly an area. The Ardmillan is an easy five minute walk to Polwarth and is on a direct bus route to the city centre (it takes five mins). There is a bus stop right outside the hotel and you can get a 4 or 44 which will take you right into Princess Street.

Alternatively it is a 15 minute walk into town from the Ardmillan.

Let me know ho you get on.

UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eh10 area help

If you check google maps you can see for yourself how close things are etc...

7. Re: eh10 area help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 13:16