We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburgh for a stag in July

eire
1 post
Save Topic
Edinburgh for a stag in July

Hi, I have to organise a stag for about 15 people between aged 25/35 for July..

Can anyone give details about edinburgh for a stag, also reccomend a hotel.. nothing too fancy just clean and central. not too dear either

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edinburgh for a stag in July

I believe my Edinburgh friends have been suggesting the Premier Travel Inn at Haymarket as being reasonable and central. I don't know if they will accept stag bookings - not all hotels do...

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,042 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edinburgh for a stag in July

The Travelodge's are also good especially if you only gonna use the room to put your head down. Premier Inns are good and I've stayed in the Morrisson St one but the Travelodges are a bit cheaper

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edinburgh for a stag in July

The Premier travel inn on St Mary street, within staggering distance of the Royal mile and the pubs and clubs of the grassmarket.

For ideas as to how to spend your non drinking time, try typing "stag weekend" into the search box at the top of the forum for loads of ideas for activities and places to go. To get a group booking of that number for peak season in July I would get booking as soon as you can. With the strength of the Euro and the relative prices of food and drink, you will find Edinburgh a lot cheaper than Ireland.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
415 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Edinburgh for a stag in July

I went to a paintball site called skirmish they do clay pigeon white water rafting ect their number 0131 443 8750 also got us into night club

Bristol
Level Contributor
54 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edinburgh for a stag in July

Try Festival Inns - they have loads of hotels. Would highly recommend Tailors Hall for a stag - really lively bar in same building - not sure if that is good/bad thing?!?! Probably good for a stag!

Bristol
Level Contributor
54 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Edinburgh for a stag in July

Or try a hostel if you're budgets really strapped - St Christophers or Eurohostels.

7. Re: Edinburgh for a stag in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 01:16