We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B in central edinburgh

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
B&B in central edinburgh

having a second thought... (I posted earlier about the must-dos in a few hours)..

can anyone suggest B&Bs (not too expensive please) in central edinburgh please? thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,847 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B in central edinburgh

not much in the way of B&B's in the city center,but look at Minto street /Newington/Dalkeith road areas.Lots of reasonably priced places in this area and only a short busride or 20-30 minute walk into the city center.

The Travelodge in St Mary's street is very central and you may get a decent deal with them.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,550 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B in central edinburgh

I second the Travelodge, but if it's full try the Holiday Inn Express on Picardy Place.

Turku, Finland
Level Contributor
3 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B in central edinburgh

I'm soon going to Edinburgh and will stay at a b&b/guest house called Castle View Guest House.

Its gotten good reviews here at TripAdvisor. It's supercentral.

There are other central b&b's as well.

www.edinburgh.org/accom/bed-and-breakfast/

www.edinburghcastle.biz/guest_house.html

I hope you find what you're looking for!

Turku, Finland
Level Contributor
3 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B in central edinburgh

I'm soon going to Edinburgh and will stay at a b&b/guest house called Castle View Guest House.

Its gotten good reviews here at TripAdvisor. It's supercentral.

There are other central b&b's as well.

www.edinburgh.org/accom/bed-and-breakfast/

www.edinburghcastle.biz/guest_house.html

I hope you find what you're looking for!

Victoria, BC
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B in central edinburgh

we stayed at Braveheart Guest House, was clean and tidy with good staff, breakfast was superb...

I'd try www.budgetscot.com (we asked booked through them) as they have maps on each property which really helped us find the most central ones! (this isn't an endorsement though).

Don't believe if someone says they are central check for yourself!!!

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B in central edinburgh

Six Marys Place in Stockbridge is v. nice. Not super central, (the travelodge is a better location) but lots of character, nice beds, good showers and a nice walk through the new town to Princes Street.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: B&B in central edinburgh

THe Dene Guest House is 10 minute walk from Princes Street. 1/2 mile from city centre in the new town. Very reasonable rates. On a bus route if you don't want short walk.

Laid back guest house in smart georgian house in quiet upmarket area, but has facilities of high class hotel. Especially good considering the rates. TV, radio/alarm, Hairdryer, Tea/coffee tray. Several breakfast choices. Tea,coffee,juices,toast,porridge,cereals,cooked breakfast.

Run by friendly young couple Hamish and Ilios.

www.thedeneguesthouse.com

Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: B&B in central edinburgh

We'll be staying at Geraldsplace, which is in the New Town neighborhood. Although we have yet to visit, Gerald has gone out of his way to be helpful to us, even making our supper reservations for us so that we didn't have to dial internationally. I'd recommend checking it out; there are other posts on Trip Advisor about Geraldsplace.

9. Re: B&B in central edinburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 03:16