We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghost tours

uk
Level Contributor
258 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Ghost tours

We are off to edinburgh in sept there will be 6 of us and would love to know the best ghost tour for a friday night? does any involve any haunted pubs? any advice welcome spooky the the better!!!

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ghost tours

Mercat Tours do a variety of ghost tours and if you copy and paste this link into your browser this tour sounds like something you are looking for....

www.mercattours.com/ghosts-and-ghouls.asp

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ghost tours

Try Witchery Tours too. They are headed up by Adam Lyall (deceased)! V spooky. www.witcherytours.com

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
197 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ghost tours

We went on the City of the Dead tour and loved it, the guide was very good.See details at the below website.

http://www.blackhart.uk.com/cotd/

Glasgow, UK
Level Contributor
200 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ghost tours

I will second the City of the Dead tour. It was great. And I did get rather freaked out in the graveyard ....... was it my imagination or was a real spirit trying to attack me, who knows.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ghost tours

Sorry to resurrect an old topic.

But wondered if anyone can recommend the best ADULT ONLY tour in Edinburgh?

Hubbie and I are going thru in the next few days and looking for really creepy rather than family fun theatrics etc.

CAN ANYONE HELP?

THANKS

Carlisle UK
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ghost tours

Hey, we go every year and last time we went on the http://www.blackhart.uk.com/ tour. Very scary and a good winter tour too, nip in the air, darker than normal, perfect. I wont waste any of it for you, just book it, its worth it. If you plan on stopping a few days have a look at the Edinburgh pass, we are comming up soon with the in laws and to do a load of attractions for 3 days, it works out about 36 quid each, considering a tour can be close to 10 pounds its a bargain really, specially if you count the Dungeons and Nessie experiance and Camera obscura near the castle !!! Jeez i do blether !!!

:)

7. Re: Ghost tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 10:15