We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code for the UK?!

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Utah
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Dress Code for the UK?!

I'm going to Edinburgh the last two weeks of June, and I've read on various travel sites that I shouldn't wear jeans and sneakers while travelling in the UK! What's the deal with that? Am I going to have to buy a completely new wardrobe just for sightseeing?!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Dress Code for the UK?!

Just bear in mind that should you decide to head down south to Wiltshire, you will need a milkmaids outfit with a length of baler twine round the waist as a belt, straw hat and of course, a bucket. Any one NOT wearing that is immediately identifiable as a tourist down here.....

Rothesay, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Dress Code for the UK?!

just right for a curry in Devizes AND better than one in shlandudno!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Dress Code for the UK?!

Hi Buddy

If there's one thing that Devizes HAS got, it's Indian restaurants, four at the last count and rising. In fact, add on the five Chinese takeaways, two sit down Chineses, five fish 'n' chip shops, two kebab houses and two or three assorted burger joints, plus a soon-to-be-opened Pizza Express and we must be the takeaway capital of the universe for our size.

Rothesay, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Dress Code for the UK?!

Ah! We'll be able to get pizzas of different sizes in Devizes!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Dress Code for the UK?!

Don't go down that route Buddy, or we'll be taken ff the air!!

36. Re: Dress Code for the UK?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 06:28