We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant

Ireland
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant

Particularly looking for a restaurant, not a hotel, we are staying in the Old Waverley but would like to have a meal outside the hotel, but close by... somewhere with abit of atmosphere... good food and wine, good service.... this is for a hen party! so maybe somebody quiet know where to go for this occasion...

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant

Guilianos is an excellent Italian restaurant about 10 or 15 minutes walk from your hotel. It is opposite the Playhouse theatre at the top of Leith Walk. They often have hen parties in and the waiters are always friendly but professional. Oh and the food is pretty good too!!

Kirkcaldy, Scotland
Level Contributor
102 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant

That is a fantastic Italian restaurant. They are usually extremely busy so book well in advance.

You can find them at www.giulianos.co.uk

Have a great time!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant

I was recently at a friends hen do which was also in an Italian, but was in Vittorias on the bridge, this is at the top of the mound, George IV bridge (always get the bridges mixed up), if you call them before they can organise an area for the group and we got some good looking waiters serving us! best of all the food was glorious, plentiful and reasonable!

http://www.vittoriarestaurant.com/

also then just a short walk to grassmarket for pubs :)

Ireland
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant

I cant seem to get into the website to look at the menu... do you know of another website so I could have a look at the menu...

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant

I've just checked and the menus open for me? have you clicked on the "on the bridge" picture, it then opens the window of that restaurant, and then hit menu, you need to have a pdf reader to open it, like adobe but should work and shows you all the menu?

Ireland
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant

I did that.... said there is an error in opening the page... I have adobe on my computer pdf... dont know why it wont open... could you send me the link that has the menu open...

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant

hi there

no worries open link is vittoriarestaurant.com/pdf/VittoriaMainMenu.…

hope this helps, if you need any other advise re edinburgh and hen do's i live over here and have been to my fair share, so just pm me :)

J

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant

I would go to Vittoria before I went to Guilliano's, I think the food is way over rated there, and their wine IS like vinegar.

There is an Italian near Fountainbridge if you wanted to venture up there. It is called L'amore D'Italia. I've never been so can't vouch for it personally but I have a friend who goes quite a lot. They also do karaoke so might be good for a hen night. The owners brother used to own a different Italian that I used to go to and that was nice. http://www.lamoreditalia.co.uk/

Ireland
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant

Thank you... I did look at the menu... the food looks lovely and reasonable.... and the fact they have karaoke is great too... and it is very close to our hotel.... Will seriously consider it...

10. Re: Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 16:21