We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Meal

North Berwick...
Destination Expert
for East Lothian
Level Contributor
734 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Meal

Put The Vintner's Rooms at the top of the romantic meal experience! The food is exquisite, service top notch, and candle-lit atmosphere in historic surroundings unparalleled! Full review soon to be posted.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,100 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Meal

Is that the one you went at Hogmany?

It is on Queens street?

Orphir, United...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Meal

Hi Crewsautin,

Thank you for the info. for Romantic Meals. What did you have? We must try this place for a meal when we are down in two weeks time.

Best wishes

HBL

North Berwick...
Destination Expert
for East Lothian
Level Contributor
734 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Meal

At Hogmanay we dined at The Dining Room (Queen Street). The Vintner's Rooms are below the Leith Malt Whisky Society, handy to have a dram before the restaurant opened. The fire was going as well!

HBL: Check out my review soon to be posted for the restaurant where I listed each course.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,100 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Meal

knew it had something to do with the malt Whisky places.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,841 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Meal

Crew the review is up and the place sounds very enticing. A list of Romantic eating places around Edinburgh is a good idea with Valentine's day on the way. Not that I've ever been taken out for Valentine's Day, or even been sent a .............

North Berwick...
Destination Expert
for East Lothian
Level Contributor
734 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Meal

purpleceltic:

We'll be unromantically on the train returning from 4 nights in London on Valentine's Day. But we will have had a romantic evening for my birthday at GR's at Claridge's. But you should take yourself out and invite a "friend" ;-)

unclegus:

If my husband is involved, there's always whisky involved.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,100 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic Meal

PC ,do you want me to have a word with "him"?

btw Valentines falls on a Saturday this year.

I will be romatically getting drunk at the Bowling club with my hand round a glass of the thing i truely love.

Orphir, United...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic Meal

Hi Crewsaustin,

Will read with interest. I will be in Edinburgh for Valentines Day too. PC great idea for Romantic Meals/Get away place list for forums. Excellent stuff. UG I will bring you one of the best when I come down for you (Whiskies) HP. I can't remember if you said you like it or dislike it?

Best wishes

HBL

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,841 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic Meal

<<PC ,do you want me to have a word with "him"?>>

Does he look like he's easily persuaded Gus?

Nah I'm with you on this one. I can't think of anything more romantic than a night at the bowls in the company of friends, with a shapely glass of a favourite tipple clinched tightly to one's bosom. I think I may be veering off topi.....

Orphir, United...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic Meal

PC,

Nver mind. Get yourself a good bottle of something and have along sock in the bath that night. Or join the rest at the bowling club. Have a great time anyway.

Best wishes

HBL

Could I do anything to help with the lists on Restaurants and Hotels etc for the Romantic list if you are still going to do it?