We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snow

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northwest England
Level Contributor
40 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
snow

coming to Edinburgh at the weekend and wondered whether there was still snow around

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,603 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: snow

It has been snowing today ,but has now turned to rain.might still be a bit on the Pentlands hills nearby but I think that will be all.

Northwest England
Level Contributor
40 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snow

thanks we only get vague reports of snow in scotland

We're coming from lake district area Does anyone know if the A702 is kept clear of snow or would we be better going up the motorway to Glasgow and then across to Edinburgh on the M8? Any advice on routes would be much appreciated

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,603 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: snow

I usually use the A701 and that gets snow up at the Devils Beeftub (just above Moffat).

The A702 is used by more HGV traffic so i presume it is keep clear.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snow

A702 can be really frustrating if you get stuck behind one of aforementioned HGVs as safe overtaking places are not very frequent. I prefer to stay on the motorway and cut across to the M8. A bit further in miles but not really much difference in time.

Northwest England
Level Contributor
40 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snow

thanks for all the travel info -very useful-looking forward to a good weekend now

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,603 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: snow

the A702 is closed near Silverburn,so I would avoid going that way.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: snow

Stick to the M74 then the M8. No point taking chances this time of year.

8. Re: snow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 08:24