We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburgh Hen Party!

Meath
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Edinburgh Hen Party!

Hi, just wondering if anyone can give me advice on a hen party. I'm trying to plan a hen party for Edinburgh for June and don't know where to start!!Any advice on where to stay, good restuarants and good pubs would be greatly appreciated!!Also any advice on what activities(sporting) we could do would be great too!!Thanks!!

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edinburgh Hen Party!

Start by putting "hen party" in the search box at the top of this forum and you will get about 30 answers to start you off.

For general advice, the main party area is in the Grassmarket/ Cowgate area where there are loads of bars and clubs and a good few restaurants. The Smart city hostel, holiday inn express (Cowgate) and the Travelodge on St Mary's street, Jury's Inn are all good places to look at for accommodation. There are companies who can arrange the whole thing for you including a day of highland games or a trip to a spa if you feel overwhelmed trying to do it all yourself.

Lothians
Level Contributor
761 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edinburgh Hen Party!

Don't leave it too long to book up for your party, June is one of the busiest months for hen parties.

3. Re: Edinburgh Hen Party!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2009, 02:45
glasgow
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edinburgh Hen Party!

Try AA team building 0131 443 8750 one of there best things they do for hen nights is the treasure hunts in old Edinburgh

Newcastle
Level Contributor
446 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edinburgh Hen Party!

Hi there, how are your plans going? I was at a hen weekend in Edinburgh in November with 27 other girls. We stayed at the Agenda Hotel in Corstorphine which was lovely but maybe a bit far out for getting taxis in & out of the centre. We went to Frankensteins on George IV Bridge and I had pre-booked an area as there were so many of us. If you are going to do this I would recommend booking the bar area as we were upstairs and there wasn't so much atmosphere. After this we went to the Three Sisters in the Cowgate (some of the girls enjoyed taking the rickshaws there). It was full of hen and stag dos. Our final destination was Espionage in the Grassmarket. All were hen-friendly. Some places don't allow hen parties in fancy dress but these places certainly do!

Hope this helps.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Edinburgh Hen Party!

Yes the travel inn at St. Marys street is ideal as my sister stayed here for a hen night. It is around the corner from all the bars and is very inexpensive. It also have its own bar which is open late.

Hull, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Edinburgh Hen Party!

I'm organising my hen party for Edinburgh too as I used to live there. If you would like to rent an apartment rather than have separate hotel rooms then I'd recommend www.festivalapartments.com as this is who I've booked with and they seem to be a bit cheaper than hotels. We're going on the August bank holiday for 2 nights and it's working out about £120 each for a 10 bed apartment right in the centre of town, and they do larger flats too up to 22 beds in some! If you're looking at adding some activities on then I'd maybe look on www.henedinburgh.com as they seem to be the same company as festival apartments but add on hen activities. As someone else has already said Edinburgh is extremely busy in June, July and August so I'd book asap if I was you. And don't worry about finding good bars as there are absolutely loads in Edinburgh. If you like cocktails I'd recommend my favourite bar Henry J Beans which is kind of hidden behind the Caledonian Hilton Hotel at the West End of Princes Street. Hope you get something sorted!

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Edinburgh Hen Party!

Beware of Festival Apartments there have been various dreadful reviews on TA of people's experience of them=- see this for the latest tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186525-i108-k24…

9. Re: Edinburgh Hen Party!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 01:19