We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curious about B&B

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tinley Park...
Level Contributor
69 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Curious about B&B

I have booked a room at the Town House B&B but I thought I had read some positive reviews on here but now that I have returned to this site I can only find 1 very old review. It's 6 weeks 'til we arrive, I sure could use some solid info from others who know anything about this place. It is located at 65 Gilmore Place. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks CB

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
261 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Curious about B&B

Hi there. As a guest house owner myself I can guarantee that any guest house or hotel with a four star rating from visit.scotland has to have very high standards. Visit Scotland are very strict with their gradings. The trip advisor review was four out of five so it must be good. I have searched through all the common web-sites that we and others use and they do not use any of them. The reason could be that they have only taken over as new owners or that their business is so good that they do not need these agents. Gilmore place is a busy road and requires a short bus trip to town or a 20 min. walk to the west end of Princess St. It is quite central. There are restaurants and pubs nearby. Go for it!

2. Re: Curious about B&B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 15:21