We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tinley Park...
Level Contributor
69 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Help

I have booked a 4 night stay at The Townhouse B&B on Gilmore. A check in the equivalence of 100 pounds was required ( to be returned upon arrival) . Mailed this some 2 months ago. I have since e-mailed the proprietor twice and have had NO response to the deposit nor to the e-mails. Today, April 10, I phoned this establishment twice with no answer and no voice mail system either. I am due to arrive in Edinburgh on the 19th of May and am becoming quite anxious over the lack of communication. Does anyone know if this business is still operating or should I simply book other arrangements. ( hope there is something available at this late date).

Thank You for Your Assistance,

Janet

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help

Tried phoning them myself just now on 229 1985 (you would use the international code as well from the US of course)and got no answer. Noticed it said on their website that the phone is not manned all the time. I would suggest you try calling around 8 - 10 am UK time(-5 or 6 hrs for you I suppose!) when there should be someone there doing breakfast. If you still have no luck let me know and I will try to find out more for you. Don't panic about not getting somewhere to stay. Shouldn't be too much of a problem to find something in May at fairly short notice. I understand why you are a bit anxious; it is strange that they haven't answered the email.

Tinley Park...
Level Contributor
69 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help

Thanks so much fundriver for your quick response and for your kind effort in trying to get in touch with the B&B. I certainly do appreciate the kindness of this forum . I'm trying to remain calm and patient. I will try again on the phone tomorrow and then again on monday.

Thanks again,

CB

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help

Hi Cariboubible

Have you managed to contact The Townhouse B&B?

Out of curiosity i tried calling them now (1730hrs UK Time) and someone answered the phone-so they are still in business!

Tinley Park...
Level Contributor
69 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help

Sorry I have been delinquent in posting an update. On tuesday I was indeed able to contact The Townhouse and all is well. Unfortunately the post didn't deliver our 1st communication and something happened to the responses to my 2 e-mails , and there was remodeling going on at the The Townhouse so the telephone wasn't heard . All in all it was a sort of comedy of errors but all has been made whole. Thanks particularly to Susan (proprietor) for her kind assistance and to all of you at the Edinburgh Forum. Now all I need to do is look forward to my May 19 arrival!!!

Thanks again

CB

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help

Glad to here it is all sorted. You will now be able to look forward to your trip without worrying about anything. Enjoy it!

6. Re: Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 05:25