We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hogmanay

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hogmanay

We would like to visit Edinburgh for Hogmanay but but every central hotel I have looked at is very expensive, is there anywhere that doesn't cost and arm and leg? Thanks

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,461 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hogmanay

Not in the centre. It's very much peak time in Edinburgh and hotel rooms will be in short supply - and there's generally been a 2 or 3 night minimum as well

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,245 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hogmanay

You may get better value looking at a B&B rather than a hotel as that is peak time in the city.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
261 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hogmanay

The average bed and breakfast at this time of year is around £120-£130 per night per room for a double. I do not know if this is too expensive for you. The minimum is a three night stay usually.This includes bed and breakfasts within 5 miles of the centre.

Cambridge
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hogmanay

We are hoping to stop just for 2 nights but realise we may have to do 3. £120 - £130 is fine it was the £200 plus ones that I didn't want to pay. I have started e mailing some B&B and guest houses but so far no replies. Hopefully I can get a nice one that is central.

UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hogmanay

This won't really help you for this years Hogmanay but it will help for 2010/11. I booked one of the Fountain View Apartments for 1 night for 31st Dec 09 for £99. The reason I got this, I booked it on the 30th of December LAST year. Booking went through ok and they called to check I'd got the right date since it was so far in advance but they didn't have a problem with me booking it.

Cambridge
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hogmanay

Do people in Edinburgh want to take bookings? I have sent numerous e mails, made phone calls that go to answer phones and have only had two replies! Maybe I'll book this year for next year as suggested and go to Glasgow this year. I've had enough!

7. Re: Hogmanay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2009, 05:21