We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

edinnburgh

latvia
6 posts
Save Topic
edinnburgh

Hello,i am visiting Glasgow and edinburgh in august for 4 days would like to see some countryside too, can't decide where to book a hotel glasgow or edinburgh(the plain is arriving in glasgow)could anyone help with an advice.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: edinnburgh

I guess from the point of view that your plane arrives in Glasgow (and I guess leaves from there) combined with perhaps the impact of the Edinburgh festival depending on what time in August you are coming - I would say staying at a hotel in Glasgow would be best. It saves you having to move your luggage all the way to Edinburgh and it could work out cheaper for the accomodation.

The transport links between Glasgow and Edinburgh city centres are good, you can take the bus or the train, so you can easily go to Edinburgh for the whole day if you like.

From Glasgow you can take a trip to loads of places for the countryside, Stirling would be good for the castle and you could go to Helensburgh for Loch Lomond where you can have a boat trip. There are also organised coach trips from Buchanan Bus Station which you can probably find online to book in advance.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: edinnburgh

You should also look into tours to the Trossachs National Park. Try exploring undiscovered scotland which is an online guidebook. Pam

latvia
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: edinnburgh

Thank you for the advice concerning where to book a hotel as well as the places which could be visited near Glasgow.Hope i will have a nice trip(have planned 18-22of july)

Chicago
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: edinnburgh

You should go up the west coast from Glasgow, perhaps you could go to Skye, the countryside is beautiful, plenty of B&Bs, it's easier to get to from Glasgow. Edinburgh is a great city as well.

Hope you enjoy your trip

5. Re: edinnburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 06:19