We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seating in Edinburgh Playhouse

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
603 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
seating in Edinburgh Playhouse

Hi, we're looking at gettting tickets for six to see We Will rock You over Christmas at the playhouse. However, have never been to this theatre nor seen "Rock you." Advice on good seats and whether with a rock show, close can be too close? does that make sense?

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,528 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seating in Edinburgh Playhouse

It's a great theatre for show's and concerts, if I had the choice I would go for front stalls maybe 5 or 6 rows back

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
333 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seating in Edinburgh Playhouse

I have sat 6th rows from the front and it was fine, any closer you will be looking up at the stage the whole time and have to move your head from left to right etc.

Speak to the staff at the box office, they are very helpful and give you honest views about the seats you choose.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: seating in Edinburgh Playhouse

I would sit a bit further back than the front block of seats as it has a high stage

Personally given the choice I'd choose the front of the Circle - which does have the advantage of being at street level

theatresonline.com/theatres/edinburgh-theatr…

4. Re: seating in Edinburgh Playhouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2009, 07:17