We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment to rent mid august, help please !!!!

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
apartment to rent mid august, help please !!!!

hya guys, I know I've left it really late to book anything, but just had an urge to have a little holiday 16th august for a week in edinburgh, me, hubby and 8yr old daughter, so if anyone could help me find an apartment to rent thats not luxury and more than £550 for the week, I would be forever in your debt !!!

edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apartment to rent mid august, help please !!!!

It would be worth contacting Edinburgh University edinburghfirst.com/accommodation/accommodati… They have a number of apartments throughout the city which they let out during the holiday periods. Obviously they are student apartments (flats ) at other times so they will not be luxury but they have some good locations in and around the city centre.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apartment to rent mid august, help please !!!!

Hi

Worth also speaking to Visit Scotland who cover Edinburgh - their number is 0845 22 55 121 - but with the festival being on accommodation tends to go very quickly and also be more expensive in August so you may need a plan B.

Both Stirling and Glasgow connect have good train links to Edinburgh so could be other options.

Good luck.

England
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: apartment to rent mid august, help please !!!!

Have you tried Holiday Lettings website? Looks like there's a few available that week

holidaylettings.co.uk/edinburgh/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: apartment to rent mid august, help please !!!!

You realise that's bang in the Festival period, right? Edinurgh will be very, very, VERY busy, and all accomodation will be booked up or expensive.

I book my August accomodation in January, with one of the universities.

Alpha Centauri
Level Contributor
785 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apartment to rent mid august, help please !!!!

I saw some nice apartments on www.stayedinburghcity.co.uk but I have no experience w/ them personally. Cheers! --Sandy

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: apartment to rent mid august, help please !!!!

many thanks guys for the help, we have found a beautiful 2bed apartment in an old mill for £500 for 5 nights through 'edlets' who were great, I just emailed my requirements and budget and I got loads of e-mails back with lots to choose from, so there is still accomodation at a reasonable price !

looking forward to the festival now !

cheers all,

juby

7. Re: apartment to rent mid august, help please !!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2009, 05:17