We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA meet Edinburgh 18th August

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,441 posts
Save Topic
TA meet Edinburgh 18th August

I have arrange to meet Adelgirl from Australia on the 18th of August for a bite to eat and a drink.It is a Tuesday night and we will meet up in th Cambridge bar in Young Street ,just off Charlotte Square.

http://www.thecambridgebar.co.uk/

anyone wishing to join us would be most welcome.hoping to meet from about 6.30 onwards.

they do some great homemade burgers in there and serve food till about 9.00pm.

I know the festival is on and places will be busy but have chosen the Cambridge bar beacuse it is slightly of the main tourist route,serves decent food and drink and i like it.We can't book tables though if people can try and give me and idea if they are coming along I will do my best to persuade them to leave a table aside for us.

Just add to the thread if you wanr to come along,locals and vistors most welcome.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,441 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: TA meet Edinburgh 18th August

just come back from an excellent lunch at the Cambridge bar,I can confirm the burgers and beer are as good as ever.I can also confirm the beer and whisky in the Abbotsford bar and the Oxford bar were excellent too.hic!

it was a wonderful lunch time session.

I can also confirm that unfortunately no children are allowed in the bar after 5.oo pm,they are hoping to get this changed in the near future but at the moment the cut off time is 5.00pm.

can anyone wishing to eat on Tuesday night let me know and I can try hopefully to book a table for us all.

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: TA meet Edinburgh 18th August

Thanks for finding out about children in the bar unclegus, never mind !!

Have a great meet up, we are really looking forward to arriving on monday, have watched a bit of the festival on telly and it looks fab !!!

cheers,

juby

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
490 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: TA meet Edinburgh 18th August

Hey you bunken drum! NBClaymore and I will certainly be partaking of a burger - and of course the Cambridge's excellent chips!

Should be a good evening.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: TA meet Edinburgh 18th August

Sorry-something has come up and i will now be unable to make it to my first TA meet :-(

Hope you guys all have a fun time and hope to see you another time :-)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,441 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: TA meet Edinburgh 18th August

thats a pity ,hopefully we will have anpther one soon.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
490 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: TA meet Edinburgh 18th August

*BUMP* - for the last time.

See you all later...

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,441 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: TA meet Edinburgh 18th August

it's tonight...........blody heck I forgot all about it.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: TA meet Edinburgh 18th August

Gutted to say I cant make it now - I have some bloomin bug and am supposed to rest! And I was so looking forward to my first ever TA meet...Sorry to miss you Adelegirl and others - until next time..

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,441 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: TA meet Edinburgh 18th August

Jakesmum,just leave your credit card details with the pub and we can charge a round or two to it.that way you won't miss out at all.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,042 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: TA meet Edinburgh 18th August

Just seen this. I've got the airport run tonight to pick up the out-laws. Would have brought them along but I wouldn't wish them on anybody.

Have a good time